Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Time

I was looking through my files the other day and I came across several poems I wrote in high school. Of course  they were about how my love life went to pots and all the suffering and tears I went through. Poems about how I got my heart broken due to people leaving me... blah blah... and so forth.
 Its interesting to go back and see all the pain and agony you thought you were going through.Now looking at it from an older perspective I realized it wasn't even that bad. Yeah some man ripped my heart out, threw it on the ground, and walked away, but thats not so bad right? ....Right!? Lessons learned I guess. haha
Anyway there was one poem I liked when I was going through my "o so dramatic" poems.I tweak it up a little bit so I could post it to the world and reveal what a drama queen I was. Alright I admit it! I am still a drama queen, but I've calmed down. Sort of...
This poem was written during my senior year after a summer romance that ended abruptly.  Here it is. 



Time   
The days are passing slowly
The year is not yet gone
And not a day goes by
When I can hear and repeat our song

The clock is ticking
My head is spinning
My heart is racing
But what am I chasing?

The nights are getting darker
The snow is starting to fall
My heart becomes hopeful
As I wait for your call
  
The clock is ticking
My head is spinning
My heart is racing
But why am I waiting?

My walls are starting to weaken
My heart begins to quake
I look all around me
But no one seems to care for my sake

The clock is ticking
My head is spinning
My heart is racing
But no one is coming…

By
Channing  Jackson

This poem was written and copyrighted by me, Channing Jackson and if I find out if anyone claims that it is theirs I will hunt them down and gut them like a fish. You have been warned. Carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment