Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Enthusiastic Librarian






Enthusiastic Librarian

(This scene takes place inside a school library. Where we find
a student approaching the desk of the librarian, who is reading a book intently.)


Excuse me

..........

(Clears throat)
 Umm excuse me Mrs. Jackson?

....................

EXCUSE ME!

(Mrs. Jackson stops reading.)
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Don’t you know you are in a Library!

Umm... yeah...

For Pete’s sake

I’m sorry, but I was wondering …

What? Why be quiet you ask?

Wait, but I didn’t…

Well let me tell you why you must be quiet
In this beautiful sanctuary I like to call a Library

But…

SHHHHHHHH
Can you hear them?

Hear who?

The Books of course!

The books?

Yes the Books!
Can’t you hear them whisper?

Umm…

Books whisper the words off their pages into our ears
They are calling us to them
Some books whisper louder than others
Some are so quiet that you must listen very carefully
To be able to hear them
They want us to come and find them you know
To search and find the exact book or books that are calling to us

Mrs. Jack…

Books speak to us you know
They have so many great and incredible things to tell us
Millions of stories within them just dying to be told
And think of all the lessons that have yet to be learned
All the knowledge waiting to be grasped
And it’s all within in the pages of these books you see here

…………

We keep books in this quiet place called a Library
So we can hear them
So we can search for them
Find them
Take them
And finally…love them

Umm sorry, but Mrs. Jackson….

Of course you can only love them for two weeks
Or else you will be fined
For withholding my books for so long!
Unless you renew them of course
Then you can love them for two more weeks!
But surely by then you will have finished the book

sigh……..

People now a days take so long 
in reading a simple book
Did you know that I can finish a book 
in exactly one day
if I put my mind to it?
and…

MRS. JACKSON!

For heaven’s sake!
Does the word quiet mean nothing to you?

But Mrs. Jackson
I need you to do something for me.

Well why did you not you say so!
Which book has been whispering into your ears this fine day?
Hmmm?
Just tell me and I can guarantee
I will find it in a synch
Come on out with it!

No that’s ok
I was just wondering…

Yes?

Can I check out my book now?
I’m kinda late for class.

O…umm…of course you can.. ha ha
How silly of me.
I get on these tangents quite often you know
 I just get excited about the books within this Library
(Checks out book and hands it over)

Thanks.

You’re welcome
And remember... listen carefully
You never know what you might hear
from that book of yours

Umm… ok
You take care of yourself Mrs. Jackson.
(walks away)

Sigh….
Now where was I?
( Continues reading)



By Channing Jackson: Book Enthusiast and future Librarian. 
"Helping others one book at a time."-CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment