Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Inspired Name of Channing

Channing Crest
I was messaging my mother on Facebook the other day and asked where she and my dad got my name from, because as a child I always heard it was some red headed actress from the 80's. Turns out it's true! It was the 80's show Dynasty, which is a twist off of The Colby's.  Here is some info I discovered on the internet about the actress "Channing" from the T.V show.

Channing Carter Colby

She storms into the Colby world and marries Miles. He wants to forget Fallon, loves sex and Channing is a good replacement. Things change in time and they fall in love. 

Channing Carter will find a shelter at the Colbys from her uncle Lucas, owner of powerful newspapers, who is too protective of his niece and wants her in his bed. Against Lucas and Sable's wish, she and Miles got married in Las Vegas. 

Channing is thorn by the notion that the child Fallon is expecting could be Miles'. And when it's proven that Jeff is the father, Channing starts having nightmares about her mother who died giving birth to her brother. She will take contraception pills which will make Miles angry. Once she becomes pregnant she doesn't have the strength to go thru with the pregnancy and she decides to abort the baby and leave Miles. 

Colby's thought of Channing as a two faced and dangerous person, but she is a girl who treasures love and honesty and has many qualities that will help her find what she's looking for and make someone happy.



Its so scandalous!  I was like wow!  That's my inspired name. ha ha... :)

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Quite a legacy there. When I was sixteen Liv Tyler made her first Seventeen Magazine cover and I fell in love with that name. Years later, when pregnant, I told my husband about this, and because he loves Aerosmith, our daughter became Liv. Six months later, one of my best friends named her daughter Liv, because of the same reason! Now Liv seems to be a popular name, you're lucky to be one of the few (if not only) Channing.
    S.B. Niccum
    Author Website
    Blog

    ReplyDelete