Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Why Mormon Girls are single. I blame Disney!!

My mom was reading this guy's blog today and said that his blog fit me perfectly. His blog is called Why Mormon Girls are Single. In today's entree the guy talks about how young Mormon girls have been brainwashed with theses ideas of a prince charming and being like the Disney princess of their choice. This is the reason why most Mormon girls are single because they want those fairy tales and happily ever afters.

You see, being a Disney Fanatic, I have unrealistic dreams about love and men. Its not my fault that Disney has to portray these beautiful love stories with princes and princesses who fall in love and live happily ever after. I mean, who wouldn't want that to happen to them!

Disney movies and Disney songs put fantasies in young girls head (including me) that life really is a fairy tale, but in reality its not. The world says that dreams don't come true and that you won't find Prince Charming. In reality, its probably true.

But Hey I can dream can't I!! I mean most woman believe that someday their princes will come!!(Snow White) I know I do!! The problem with this is that some of us might being waiting for a very long time. And we will let perfectly good men pass on by because they weren't good enough . We want perfection! The real deal!

That my friends is reason why I'm single. I'm too picky. Curses!

I'm mad at Disney for doing this to me and other women, but I love those movies and songs so dang much. Eric, Phillip, Aladdin, Prince Charming from Cinderella, the Prince from Snow White, the Beast, and John Smith are men that any woman would want. Am I right??

So in other words this guy who wrote about why Mormon girls are single is probably right. But that won't stop me from dreaming!!

If you want to see his blog its http://www.whymormongirlsstaysingle.com/

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I was reading that blog the other day too!

    It's very true! You girls and your crazy prince charming fantasies.

    However I give you 2 months of BYU-I until you are engaged.

    He'll be one of these guys who walks around on campus wearing American Eagle clothes, carrying Poetry books and his scriptures, who finds time between choir practice and "Cure For Cancer Soceity" to stop by his professors office and say "Oh, teach me more!" Then when his day is finished he brings you flowers and brownies.

    Makes me nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Amen!! Thank you. I totally wrote about this in my blog and I'm glad to know someone understands me. I wrote about Disney ruining me and I wrote in my last one about that cursed (but oh, so perfect) Edward Cullen. I completely and totally agree with you. And it's crappy. I hate not having a crush. And I never get them! My average is four years. Ugh. Anyway, yes. Wonderful blog. You should read what I wrote about it in my first and last posts.
    Also, I love you Channing! and I miss you.
    ok I'm done = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog Channing! After reading your blog I decided I better start reading more books! And the disney post is so true. Made me laugh!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete